by Cindy Springsteen
Do you want your holiday’s to be less stressful this year? These fun family Christmas activities are a great way to start some new traditions and shift the focus away from costly gifts.
- Invite a family or elderly neighbor over. Many people are away from loved ones during the holidays and would love a friendly gathering to attend.
- Grab everyone and go Christmas caroling! When was the last time someone came to your door singing songs?
- Volunteer to help someone in your neighborhood less fortunate or a local organization. Many places are very shorthanded during the holidays. An extra set of hands is always appreciated. Have the whole family join in.
- Bake cookies or deserts and bring to an elderly person in your neighborhood.
- Set up a family movie night. Grab the popcorn, turn off all the lights except your tree and watch the old Christmas movie’s, or cartoons together.
- Hide Christmas candy and make a game out of it, like we do for Easter.
- Find a box and fill it with special pictures of memories you have together. Each year add more pictures to your memory box.
- Write a poem together. Have each person try to write a line and rhyme. Good for laughs.
- Have a Christmas karaoke night and let the kids invite their friends.
- Perform a random act of kindness, let your children see you giving to others and not expecting anything in return.
Cindy Springsteen is a published poetry writer, whose first children’s book “Waffles and Pancakes A Lesson in Friendship” was released in April 2012. In September 2012 book two “Waffles and Pancakes A Lesson in Bullying” was released. Newly released December 2014 “Waffles and Pancakes A Lesson in the True Meaning of Christmas. Each book has a moral which help to teach valuable lessons with cute loveable characters. She has been writing since she was in her teens. You can find her on twitter at https://twitter.com/C_Springsteen. She spent many years researching and writing about parenting teenagers for various publications, along with her own website www.cindy-springsteen.com. You can also follow her on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/author.cindy.springsteen