This turnkey lesson plan teaches belly breathing or diaphragmatic breathing for kids. This simple and effective technique fascinates children as they focus their mind on conscious breathing. Worldwide, this is the most popular and widely used relaxation technique. This self-soothing technique is easy to teach to your class, group, or home. Belly breathing can help children improve concentration, relax muscles, reduce anger, and calm the mind.
Lesson Two: Belly Breathing Promotes Relaxation download contains:
- Complete lessons with detailed step by step instructions
- 2 audio stories in mp3 format of A Boy and a Bear and Sea Otter Cove
- 2 eBook versions in PDF format of A Boy and a Bear and Sea Otter Cove
- 2 music soundtracks in mp3 format titled Dolphin Dance and Firefly Flight from the Indigo Dreams: Kids Relaxation Music CD
- Worksheets and certificates of completion
This download package comes with 2 stories and audio and eBook format, 2 relaxation music downloads, 2 worksheets, and two Certificates of Completion making it effortless for any teacher or parent to implement. You do not need any prior teaching experience or familiarity with stress management techniques in order to use this lesson. This lesson does the work for you. Each Belly Breathing Promotes Relaxation lesson can be used with the 2 included stories, giving you TWO COMPLETE LESSONS in ONE!
Deep Breathing better know as belly breathing is a powerful relaxation technique with profound impact. Belly breathing can help children improve concentration, relax muscles and anger, and calm the mind.
“I am a mental health therapist working with children and families. There are many books and resources to teach kids about relaxation and breathing, but few work for me to introduce the concepts to my younger clients – preschoolers and younger elementary school children. (Though it would also be good for older elementary schoolers.) The simplicity of this book is calming in and of itself.”
— T. Jalbert
Belly Breathing Promotes Relaxation class is structured in the following format:
1) Movement Activity: Class opens with a movement activity designed to help children learn about and release stress, anger, fears.
2) Explanation/ Lesson: Lesson and explanation of specific relaxation technique are provided.
3) Story time/Lesson: Children listen to or read an award winning story from Lori Lite that includes an actual research-based stress management technique .
4) Discussion: Lesson is continued with a discussion of the story and technique. Children learn how they can apply this specific technique to their lives.
5) Worksheets and Relaxation Music: Worksheet reinforces the lesson children learned in class and demonstrates how they can be active participants in decreasing stress and anger. Music soundtracks are an added bonus.
6) Certificates of Completion: Included and handed out.