This turnkey lesson plan teaches children how to use positive statements or affirmations to build their own personal confidence and increase self-esteem. This technique instills a positive optimistic attitude and healthy sense of self-worth. This positive self-talk technique is easy to teach to your class, group, or home. Affirmations can help children reduce anxiety and negative self-defeating thoughts.
Lesson Three: Build Self-Esteem download contains:
- Complete lessons with detailed step by step instructions
- 2 audio stories in mp3 format of Affirmation Web and Affirmation Weaver
- eBook version in PDF format of Affirmation Weaver
- Music soundtracks in mp3 format titled Rainforest and Red Moon from the Indigo Dreams: Kids Relaxation Music CD
- Worksheets and certificates of completion
This Increase Self-Esteem download package comes with 2 stories, 2 relaxation music downloads, 2 worksheets, and two Certificates of Completion making it effortless for any teacher or parent to implement. You do not need any prior teaching experience or familiarity with stress management techniques in order to use this lesson. This Build Self-Esteem lesson does the work for you. Each lesson can be used with the 2 included stories, giving you TWO COMPLETE LESSONS in ONE!
An affirmation or positive statement is one of the easiest self-esteem building and stress managingtechniques available to children. Affirmations can be used to control feelings of fear and anxiety, to reach goals, maintain self-belief and reduce test taking anxiety.
“This wonderful story offers children the chance to learn relaxation skills and a positive psychological outlook like no other work I am aware of. The engaging dialogue surpass any other resources I have come across in my field of psychology.”
—Dr. R. Waters
Increase Self-Esteem class is structured in the following format:
- Movement Activity: Class opens with a movement activity designed to help children learn about and release stress, anger, worries.
- Explanation/ Lesson: Lesson and explanation of the visualization technique is provided.
- Story time/Lesson: Children listen to or read an award-winning story from Lori Lite that includes an actual research-based stress management technique.
- Discussion: Lesson is continued with a discussion of the story and technique. Children learn how they can apply this specific technique to their lives.
- Worksheet and Relaxation Music: Worksheets reinforces the lesson children learned in class and demonstrates how they can be active participants in decreasing stress and anger. Music soundtracks are an added bonus.
- Certificate of Completion: Certificate celebrates the completion of the technique and lesson.