Older children can relax with stories that introduce stress management techniques. Written and audio storytelling formats appeal to both visual and auditory learners. Children learn the relaxation techniques of breathing, visualizing, progressive muscle relaxation, and affirmations. These techniques can help lower anger, decrease anxiety, reduce stress and hyperactivity in kids. The story lengths range from 10-15 minutes making it ideal for ages 6-12 or children with longer attention spans. This package includes 4 books and 1 CD from the Indigo Ocean Dreams Series. The CD includes relaxing music throughout and an additional music sound track to further enhance your child’s relaxation experience.
Older Children’s Relaxation Package includes:
- Angry Octopus– a story that teaches children how to use progressive muscle relaxation and breathing techniques to calm down, lower stress, and control anger. Children relate to the angry octopus in this story as the sea child shows the octopus how to take a deep breath, calm down, and manage his anger. (paperback)
- Sea Otter Cove– a story that teaches children how to use diaphragmatic breathing to calm down, lower stress, and control anger. Children love to experience belly breathing with the playful sea otters and sea child. This self-calming breathing technique can help your child to self-soothe, relax, and manage anger. (paperback)
- Affirmation Weaver– A “believe in yourself” story designed to help children ages 6-10 boost self-esteem while decreasing stress and anxiety. Children love to turn self-doubt into self-belief. Children relate to the dolphin in this story as the sea creatures show him how to believe in himself. (paperback)
- Bubble Riding– A relaxation story, designed to help children ages 6-10 increase creativity while lowering stress and anxiety levels as they learn this fun visualization technique. A sea child and turtle take children on a bubble ride into the world of relaxation as they imagine filling and relaxing their bodies with the colors of the rainbow. (paperback)
Plus 1 CD:
- Indigo Ocean Dreams– CD/audiobook is designed to entertain your child in a forest setting while introducing them to relaxation and stress management techniques. Four unique bedtime stories incorporate the research-based techniques of breathing, visualizations, progressive muscle relaxation, and affirmations. Longer stories make this collection ideal for older children and offer a wider variety of stories to children already familiar with Indigo Dreams.