Supporting the emotional well-being of our troops and addressing and creating solutions for stress in military families is paramount. Children in military families are exposed to stress levels that could be considered toxic according to The American Academy of Pediatrics.
The National Center for Child Traumatic Stress notes that “Military children experience unique challenges related to military life and culture.
These include deployment-related stressors and reintegration.” Military children, teens, and spouses live with the constant fear of losing a parent, parental separation, moving and making new friends, all while living in a household with one often overloaded parent holding down the fort. The dynamics of welcoming a returning parent that has been injured physically or mentally is real. Children often mimic behaviors of a returning parent with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Even an at home parent struggling with anxiety can have a significant impact on their children’s well-being. Managing stress as a family needs to be a high priority.
Stress Free Kids provides much-needed tools to help military families manage stress, anger, and anger. Techniques such as progressive muscle relaxation and breathing are offered for every age group. These are the same techniques the Pentagon has made available to vets to help stress in military families. According to Dr.Sonja Batten, Last year alone over 400,000 veterans received a diagnosis of PTSD. Officials estimate 1 in 5 suffer from acute stress, anxiety, depression or other mental problems from a war zone deployment.
While our government is still struggling to keep up with the mental health needs or our troops; It is our goal to help your entire family now! Books, CDs, Apps, Downloads, and Curriculum empower your family to be actively involved in their own well-being.
- Manage Anger
- Reduce Symptoms of PTSD, Abuse, Neglect, Trauma
- Improve Sleep and Insomnia
- Decrease Moodiness and Irritability
- Decrease Negative Thinking & Depression
- Relax and Reduce Anxiety
- Learn Self-Regulation and Self-Control
- Deal with changes, transitions (divorce, death, relocating, family member in military, having a sibling with special needs, health challenges)
- Reduce Impulsivity and Hyperactivity
- Improve Social Skills
- Improve Cognitive Function
- Increase Overall Wellness
- Improve Self-Esteem and Self-Belief
- Increase Creativity
- Decrease phobias, fears, night terrors, worries
- Decrease moodiness, irritability
- Increase creativity
- Increase positive attitude
- Increase social skills
- Increase self-belief
- Manage pain before, during, and after medical procedures/ treatments
- Manage anxiety associated with hospital stays and treatments
- Increase ability to focus and concentrate
- Reduce Mental Health Challenges, Depression, Bi-Polar, Anxiety Disorders, Special Needs, Autism, Aspergers, OCD, ADD, ADHD, SPD
Join the thousands of families embracing wellness! We are proud to be part of your wellness plan but please do not consider our products a cure or substitute for professional therapy. Please contact your mental health professional.
All military families enjoy a 15% discount on any product on our website by entering “USArocks” at checkout
Click on any of these links to view our titles, read more and hear samples. Don’t forget to enter your discount code at checkout! Enjoy
In honor of the anniversary of 9/11 the following discounts and free downloads are available to all families affected by 9/11 in any way. Stress Free Kids has donated hundreds of books to families affected by this tragedy.
Lori Lite is a blogger, social media strategist, Twitter specialist, parenting expert, and successful entrepreneur. Her line of books, CDs, and lesson plans are considered a resource for parents, psychologists, therapists, teachers, doctors, and yoga instructors. Lori’s received national attention on Shark Tank and her sort after accessible tips have been featured in hundreds of publications to include: CNN Living, Real Simple Magazine, USA Today, Family Circle, Working Mother Magazine, and Web MD. Lori consults and collaborates with heart-driven companies and entrepreneurs to bring their message or product to parents nationwide. For more information visit Stress Free Kids and for daily advice follow Lori on Twitter and Facebook.